I've been so busy at my day job today that I didn't remember it was my turn to blog until I was walking home from work.
We spent last Thursday night stuffing Issue 5 into envelopes and slapping labels on, so keep an eye out for your mailbox. We had two distinct piles: one with renewal letters (if you started with issue 1 or 2, your subscription has expired!) and one with just the mag that we ended up calling the "naked" pile. Special thanks to Andy, who made our labels; Ann Ninh, our new Bulk Mailing Mistress; My, who lugged the things to the post office, and Audrey--for the pizza and beer!
A couple statistics of note from Issue 5:
* 25 percent of APAs voted in the last presidential election compared to 55 percent of the census average
* 84 percent of APAs aged 18 to 24 didn't vote in the last presidential election
* 74 percent of APAs aged 25 to 44 didn't vote either
* Asian Americans are split among the parties. 40 percent claim to be Republicans, 36 percent Democrats, and 24 percent other
* Only 52 percent of Asian American who are U.S. citizens of voting age are registered to vote, compared to 70 percent of all citizens 18 and older