The Development Director will play a key role in leading Hyphen magazine toward long-term sustainability. A strong focus will be on researching grants, developing a grant calendar, and working with the Biz team to support existing fundraising campaigns.
- Establish financial goals and execute various fundraising methods such as approaching institutional donors, applying to private and public grant sources, lead crowd source funding campaigns, and leverage innovative and creative fundraising means
- Research grants to help sustain hyphen and keep up-to-date with emerging grant opportunities
- Recruit and nurture staff members to ensure progressive professional development and high morale
- Work with Hyphen's leadership team to understand what the current project goals are, find grants to fit those goals
- Actively participate in Biz/Edit team meetings
- Ability to work independently and cultivate a team of 2-3 people to help with grant research
- Thrives in a teamwork-oriented environment, able to work well cross-departmentally with other staff members, as well as with external organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good with active follow-up
- Deadline driven
- Experience with grant writing
Qualified candidates send materials to Tina Hsu (tina.hsu (at) hyphenmagazine(dot)com with the the subject "Development Team":
- a letter of interest
- grant samples & short narrative of how you've contributed to the grant