What would the folks behind BAGGU and Lo & Sons fill their bags with? Derek Lo from Lo & Sons and Emily Sugihara of BAGGU shared with Hyphen some of their favorite products and stores created by Asian Americans.
1. Incase: “As avid fans of Apple products, Incase is our go-to for laptop or phone accessories.”
2. Tonia Kim: “Amazing handmade jewelry based out of Chicago!”
3. Headliner Bags: “Jan and I are DJs, so Headliner's design approach has been inspirational to us because they created bags that are multi-functional and designed for use even when you're not in the DJ booth.”
4. Mother-in-Law’s Kimchi: “Every Korean mom has the best kimchi. But we love how MILKimchi has brought the art of making kimchi to a new audience.”
5. Silver Linings: “Our favorite shoe wear solution for women who wear heels or shoes without socks. They keep it fresh!”
6. CLAE: “We love CLAE because they brought a fresh new perspective and styles to the sneaker world.”
Emily Sugihara of BAGGU's picks.
1. ALL Knitwear: “Amazing knitwear.”
2. Opening Ceremony: “Humberto, [one of] the founders, is such an inspiration.”
3. Slow and Steady Wins the Race: “Who doesn't love Mary Ping?”
4. Jason Wu: “J. Wu is a friend of a friend—love his work.”
5. Blue in Green: “Really cool men's store in Soho [NYC].”
6. 10 Ft. Single by Stella Dallas: “My favorite vintage spot in my neighborhood is run by a Japanese American.”