Yes, chills 'n' chilluns, it's bad pun mash-ups all the way in this week's lynks!
- Persh-litico: Interview with Mark Ameli, unsuccessful Iranian American candidate for a judge's seat in 2010, about his campaign.
- Piss Sheik: Jack Persekian, the Armenian American director of the Sharjah Biennial art exhibition in the United Arab Emirates, has been fired because the Sheikh of Sharjah found one of the works in the Biennial offensive.
- Hmong Wrong Song: Yes, I know it doesn't rhyme. A Minneapolis radio station shock jock sang a song making fun of Hmong housing problems, teen pregnancy, and poverty. Do I even need to say it again? Apparently so, but, thank goodness, Bee Vang's there to say it for me: "what I would want to see happen is that more listeners could hear clearly the racial hatred and revilement of poverty in that song."
- Immigrant 101: The first entry in this new glossary of mash-up terms is "1.5."
- Wedwallah: An IndiAm California family has been arrested for their business arranging fake, green-card marriages.
- Washwallah: The F.B.I. searched and closed three IndiAm jewelry shops in Jersey in an investigation into alleged money laundering.
- Writewallah: The SJ Merc profiles Vandana Kumar of India Currents magazine.
- Old China Dad: The white guy who spends a few years in China with rilly Chinese and therefore knows better than you entculturated, unbilinguified, deracinafamated Chinese Americans? But still can't tell the difference? In the Amy Chua age, he has a new name: "Panda Dad." And yes, he's selling a book.
- Obamaji: Obama's fetish for Indian Americans is getting out of hand. He's just named Geeta Pasi as US envoy to Djibouti and Anuj Desai to the Foreign Claims Settlement Committee.
- Korrymandering: KoreAms didn't get the redistricting they wanted to improve Asian American voting power in Jersey.
- Bruno is from Mars, Women are Filipinas: Yes, ladies, he's lookin' for love in all the island places.
- I can't think of anything for this one: Koream big-leaguer scores his first homer.
- Yep, my punificience has dried up: New York's Chinatown has a blog.
- Completely: Asians tend to delay applying for citizenship.