Senior Section Editors
We are looking for strong, independent editors who will help envision, shape, and manage these sections to reflect Hyphen’s commitment to covering new perspectives and progressive angles, from insightful analysis to fun, snarky content. Individuals should be comfortable with self-starting, managing writers and other editors, and have a clear vision for their section. They should be knowledgeable and familiar with the nuanced and often underrepresented landscape of their section, not just what’s covered by mainstream media. Think: not just restaurant reviews but also small farms and sustainable food practices; not just NPR Colorlines but also Racialicious; not just Hamilton but also Central Works Theater.
Available positions include:
- Arts & Culture
- Business & Technology
- Food & Agriculture
- Publishing at least one article for their section per month
- Identifying strong pitches and working with writers to develop stories
- Managing editors on the team and assigning pitches
- Occasionally acting as second editor to other pieces (not necessarily in their section)
- Attendance at monthly staff meetings
Knowledge of the following systems preferred (though not required):
To apply for any of the above positions, please email getinvolved [at] hyphenmagazine.com with a letter of reference, a CV, and a clip packet with at least three articles related to the editorial position you are most interested in).