Hyphen is a news and culture magazine, media outlet, and community partner that illuminates Asian America through investigative features on the cultural and political trends shaping the fastest-growing population in the country. We offer in-depth profiles of change-makers in our community and a window into the world of artists and writers who are re-envisioning and rewriting what it means to be Asian American. Through balanced and incisive reporting and sometimes irreverent commentary, we relate the enormous richness, contradiction, and vitality that defines the Asian American experience to stimulate debate, raise awareness, and build bridges within and beyond our own community.
In each issue of Hyphen and through our online editorial channels, you'll find…
- Interviews with artists, musicians, filmmakers, and writers
- Reviews of products made by Asian Americans, from comics to vegan handbags to jewelry and plush dolls
- Profiles of activists, artists, athletes, and busybodies who are changing the meaning of Asian American
- Features on health, immigration, and the legal system
- A photo essay, fashion spread, or gallery art by a notable visual artist
- Original fiction and poetry by writers on the rise
- Quirky analysis of media and pop culture — taking the unexpected in witty directions
Hyphen is a proud member of the AACRE network.