Hyphen is looking for smart, overachieving,
creative, articulate, innovative, detailed-oriented and above all,
dedicated members to join its Business Team. We are interested in
social justice issues, politics and pop culture. There is no money
involved -- just the experience of working alongside the finest Asian
American minds that community college ever produced.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
· Commit to attending meetings (two Tuesdays a month)
· Lend your hand to existing projects, such as advertising and sponsorship efforts, and event planning
· Brainstorm for the good of the magazine
· Lead new initiatives from start to finish (and take over others should you wish)
· Table at Hyphen sponsored events (and get into them for free)
· Sport our merchandise because it's in fashion every season
Knowledge and Skills:
· Proven human intelligence (don't worry, we won't poke you to see if you respond to stimuli)
· Team player, not a lone wolf
· Self-motivated, hard-working ethic
· Post-identity politicked
· Down for the cause but not obsessed by it
· Not easily offended or dissuaded by hard-asses
· Loves culture, your momma and self (not in that order)
a nutshell, we're looking for non-flaky folks landlocked to the San
Francisco Bay Area. Those interested should submit a cover letter and
resume to business(at)hyphenmagazine.com.
MEET US FIRST TO MAKE SURE WE ARE NOT CRAZY
Duh. We're just as scared as commitments as you are.
If you're now slightly hovering over your seat, let's give you
some wings because you're going to get tired. Meet with the Hyphen
Business Team at EZ5 (located at 684 Commercial St, San Francisco, CA)
from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm on Tuesday, February 24th and Tuesday, March
24th. Come with cash for drinks, a smile on your face, and an open hand
to shake. We welcome you to announce yourself prior to your arrival,
so please contact Ianna Huang at ianna(at)hyphenmagazine.com with any thoughts and/or questions, but please no Spanish Inquisition!