Arts & Culture Editors
We are looking for specific editors to focus on the following Arts & Culture sections:
- Performing Arts (Theater / Dance)
- Visual Arts
Editors will specifically seek pitches and pieces within their focus. Please specify your focus when you apply.
Editors will work alongside other editors -- both in their vertical as well as other Arts & Culture editors -- to develop their vertical. Must have a passion and vision for their section and a strong desire to spotlight stories in a new, engaging way. Beyond simple interviews and reviews, what are the stories in these fields you wish would be told? Please answer this question when applying.
- Publishing at least one article for their focus per month
- Working with others in their vertical to identify and develop section
- Identifying strong pitches and working with writers to develop stories
- Occasionally acting as second editor to other pieces (not necessarily in their section)
- Attendance at monthly staff meetings
Knowledge of the following systems preferred (though not required):
To apply for any of the positions, please email getinvolved [at] hyphenmagazine.com with a letter of reference, a CV, and a clip packet with at least three articles related to the editorial position you are most interested in).