Because rampant commentary on the Times Square Bomber still rulez, news is all over the place this week. Plus, we're waiting for primaries. But we have an Onion article! And there are elections going on here, there, and everywhere.
Well, let them get Times Square all out of their system. Here's what else is going on:
- Somebody in San Jose played a dirty political trick on City Council candidate Magdalena Carrasco: they sent a flyer with a picture of her standing in front of the flag of communist Vietnam to Viet Am voters. Wow. Nobody knows who did it yet. Well, somebody knows, but they ain't tellin'.
- Minnesota State Senator Mee Moua, the highest ranking Hmong American politician in the country, will not be seeking reelection.
- Indian-American Child Having Difficulty Finding Bicycle License Plate With His Name On It. Seriously. When was the last time we got an Onion article?
- The Viet Am bank robber we mentioned earlier was hiding out in Vietnam has been handed over to American authorities. It's official: you can never go home again.
- Defendants accused of plotting the overthrow of the Laotian government are accusing the U.S. Government of improper wire-tapping. Wow, that's their defense? "Yeah, we did it, but you didn't have the right to know about it"?
- Louisiana Viet Am fishermen are talking to BP about compensation for work lost in the oil spill. I guess the world knows better than to mess with Louisiana Viet Ams now.