Here be stuff, inna bag:
- Jim Kelly, martial arts master and Bruce Lee's co-star in Enter the Dragon, is interviewed at Wondercon. He talks about Lee's racial troubles in Hollywood.
- Fil Am Melissa Ann Apuya, 24, is running for Democratic County Central Committee in San Francisco. She represents the rising generation, and will be interesting to watch for that reason.
- Speaking of which, is the DCCC in Hawaii trying to defeat a Democratic woman candidate who is the first Asian American woman to preside over a state legislative chamber ... in favor of a white man?
- A morally-fallen Tiger Woods returns to professional golf to make the current PGA showdown one between an Asian, and an Asian American.
- Did you know that Malcolm McClaren's life partner was Korean American? Whatever, just my way of working an R.I.P. into Hyphen blog.
- An Indian American was given 81 months (almost 7 years) in prison for a medicare scam that cost the government over $8 million.
- India is pushing for Pakistani American alleged terrorist David Headley's extradition.
- Iranian American Dr. Kian Tajbakhsh was released temporarily from an Iranian prison for the New Year celebrations, after paying nearly $1 million bail.
- The producers of reality TV nightmare The Jersey Shore are looking to cast The Persian Version.
Two thousand years ago the Persian Empire ruled the ancient world…but they didn’t have your soundtrack, your style, or your swagger! Today there’s a new Persian empire growing right here in L.A. and it’s ready to conquer the world all over again. It’s a bad-ass new dynasty where exotic beauty and wild style dominates the sexiest nightlife, exclusive venues and hottest beaches the modern world has to offer. ... For you life is all about Gucci, Gabbana, Cavalli and Cristal. From BMWs and Bugatis, to Mercedes and Movado and money is no object.
- Obama names Indian American to White House bioethics panel.
- Profile of Oakland A's catcher Kurt Suzuki.