Here's a hot doctor.
Now, the lynks:
- Q: Is it true that you can get killed singing "My Way" in Filipino karaoke bar? (A: Not if you're Manny Pacquiao.)
- Fil Am and Chi Am lady boxers fighting each other!
- Memories of Obama's childhood in Indonesia, aroused by his trip there, and the general need for human interest stories.
- Speaking of Obama, he seems to have agreed to let India access David Headley for questioning, but it's not clear whether this will really happen or not.
- Also on Obamawatch: since Chinese foreign students at American Universities have more than doubled in the past seven years, Obama has decided to send 100K American students to China in the next four years. Isn't this just keeping up with the Zhous? (heh, see what I did there?)
- Another Indian American scientist is ... doing something important. But what else is new? Oh look! Another one has won something.
- Roxana Saberi on the radio, talking about her new book about her 100 days in an Iranian prison.
- Ugh! It looks like Asian American Catholics are not immune to being molester priests, or molested parishioners. There's a Chester-the-Molester Father Nguyen in Memphis, who spread his bounty within his own community. Shame!
- 50 percent of candidates in an Arcadia city council election are Asian American. Woo hoo!
- Speaking of elections, here's more on the weird-nanigans in Hawaii, where the Dems are, perhaps inadvertently, trying to kill the career of one of their own, an accomplished and ground-breaking Asian American woman. The Asian American Action Fund has warned Dem leadership to keep out of this three-way race between an As Am Repub, a white male Dem and an As Am woman Dem.
- Al Franken knows his demographics: he's prioritizing watching out for forcibly repatriated Hmong in Laos.
- Hello, Bizarro! A Korean American former gang member is being extradited back to the States to face murder charges. It seems that he was hiding out in South Korea, posing as an ... wait for it ... English teacher at a for-profit school. This scandal is linked to another one involving other Korean American English teachers, all of whom got their credentials fraudulently, off the web. Apparently, the other teachers were using drugs, and possibly selling them. Who knew that for-profit schooling could be so unsavory?
- Koream hapa New Jersey seventh grader Kevin O'Leary is heading off to be a student ambassador at the site of his ethnic roots ... in the UK. (That's right, baby, I said hapa.)
- Ew. The L.A. Times has picked up on the Manohara kidnapping and rape story. You know whose team I'm on.
- An Indian American has been accused of selling state sekrits. Nice change from all the Chinese spies. Of course, he supposedly sold them to China.
- Filipina nurses worried about getting jobs in a post-healthcare-reform U.S.? What's wrong with this picture?
- Wow. Some reporter or other really, really wants to sleep with Daniel Henney. But can you blame her? She's Azn ... and he's 1) hapa, 2) playing a doctor, and 3) on TV. Trifectalicious!