- The Asian American Legal Defense Fund (AALDEF) put out a press release following November 4, listing many of the problems Asian American voters faced last Tuesday.
- A study conducted by Filipino American orgs showed a last-minute shift in the Fil-Am vote in favor of Obama by two to one. The primary factor was the economy. Race was not a significant factor.
- An informal opinion poll predicted that 81 percent of "Indo-Americans" would vote for Obama. It also predicted the biggest Indian American voter turnout ever.
- A survey of Minnesotan Hmong voters saw 57 percent identifying as Democrats and 65 percent supporting Obama.
- Obama's election makes multiracials feel accepted for the first time! And you get to read about it! However ...
- ... Some people are smarting from Obama's "mutt" joke during his first press conference. (I ain't saying nothin'.)
- Some of Obama's top transition team members are Asian American, including one of the three co-chairs, and the executive director. However ...
- ... Indian American groups have objected to Obama's appointment to his transition team of an Indian American woman they said was a member of a group that supported the persecution of Christians and Muslims in India. Yikes!
- A Korean American group that formed to support Obama has just registered as a PAC to support Korean American candidates.
- We missed our chance to have an Asian American Jew in Congress.
- The Indonesian vice president says
that for Obama "Indonesia is a burden," and Indonesians shouldn't
expect a visit from him. Damn, I wonder what that guy's mother is like.
- And ... uh ... Obama's half-brother lives in China ... is that relevant to the election? Or Asian America? I dunno ...