Once again, Asian Americans show their poker faces, otherwise known as "inscrutability."
Everything else you can scrut. For example:
- Speaking of terror, five American Muslims, including two Pak Ams, were convicted in Pakistan of plotting terrorist attacks and sentenced to 10 years. They say they were heading into Afghanistan on humanitarian missions.
- Speaking of representation: Nikki Haley wins the primary.
- Interview with Mee Moua, the first Hmong American legislator.
- Jindal wins a legal victory over Obama on six-month oil-drilling moratorium. Jindal wins, we lose.
- An interesting article on the extra challenges the Gulf's Vietnamese fishermen are facing.
- The beating of an Indian American man in New Jersey by teenagers may have been racially motivated.
- Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton is fighting for a world championship in Canada this week. You might take note.
- Speaking of fighting, Cung Le redeemed himself against Scott Smith in their recent rematch.
- Porochista Khakpour reflects on Iranians in pop culture.
- An Indian American is behind US success in the World Cup this year. (Yeah, it's a success that we got that far!)
- Four local Asian American legal service orgs are banding together to form a national group, the Asian American Center for Advancing Justice.