- Disgrasian (the original Asian boob inflater) reports that a South Korean woman has finally passed her written driver's test after 950 tries. This isn't really As Am, but it needed to be repeated.
- Here's a shocker: a new study sez that Korean transracial adoptees struggle with their ethnic identity. Yeah, and I want to do a study on whether or not white people struggle to pick up rice with their chopsticks. Other shocking revelations from the study: ethnicity became more important to respondents as they got older, a huge proportion now live in communities with more Asians, and most still feel they aren't completely accepted by people of their own ethnicity. Maybe these things are just obvious to me from working in the multiracial community; and I really shouldn't be sarcastic about a study that reveals things most people don't know. So where's the boobage? How about in the fact that 80% of respondents were "teased" (as in, bullied) for their race as children?
- Three Asian Americans won NY city offices in the recent elections, but AALDEF reported that the city of New York inflated its boobery at the polls, including providing only Chinese-speaking interpreters for a diversity of Asian immigrants (in New York? What boobs!), and allowing people to tell white voters not to vote for an As Am candidate because they were Chinese. Sweet. World-class cosmopolis, my ass.
- Made-of-win Rep Anh "Joseph" Cao (R Lousiana) is the only House Republican to vote for the recent healthcare bill. He's also, not coincidentally, a Viet Am from a predominantly Af Am community in New Orleans that nearly got wiped out during Katrina. Unsurprisingly, local and national boobs have been waxing inflatable -- and racist -- on the subject of Cao's responsible service to his largely poor and uninsured constituents. Hang in there, Congressman! Don't give in to pressure to prove yourself repuglican enough! We like you this way, all serving your people 'n' stuff!
- Oh yeah, and Clinton-appointment (to Deputy Assistant Sec'y for Iran) John Limbert is getting hassled by big, anti-Iran boobies for having been on the advisory board of NIAC. Yeah, folks, NIAC -- an organization populated largely by people who fled the Revolution -- is all about supporting the mullah-led Iranian regime ... in about the same way that I'm spying for Hong Kong (It's a country! I swear!) in my role as an Asian American blogger.
- And while we're on the topic: Iran is an inflating boob. The government won't stop poking the US
with a sharp stick, although no one can figure out what it hopes to
gain thereby. After sentencing an Iranian American scholar to 15 years
for fomenting government unrest, they've now detained three American hikers for spying, because the hikers accidentally crossed the Iranian border. Ride 'em, cowboy ... I guess.
- Speaking of those sneaking Chia-knees: they are taking over our banking system. Chi-Am-led, California-based East West Bank (which is a boob for that name alone) is inflating its operations to key markets in US and China by acquiring United Commercial Bank.
- And they're apparently trying to take over our military ... or something. Maybe they're just confused? I'm confused, as to why wealthy Chinese parents have started sending their spoiled scions to American military schools. Is this a new, sneaky way of making Asian Americans? A way to acquire the discipline needed to wrest the world economic initiative away from the US (too late!)? A way to get some bumpy muscles onto those smooth, Chinky limbs? WTF? I'm trying not to interpret it as sheer boobery, but having trouble.
- And those bastards are trying to corner the world wind turbine market! At least, according to this dust-up in Texas over spending stimulus money on turbine parts manufactured in China. Somebody's being a boob here, but I'm not sure who.
- Obama has nominated Rajiv Shah to be the head of USAID, the agency that provides all nonmilitary aid abroad. If he is confirmed he'll be the highest ranking Indian American in the government. But given foreign aid's poor track record of doing any good at all, much less failing to do harm, Obama might just be expanding the boobery to a new ethnic group. Here's hoping Shah is smarter than the entire sector he'll be leading. But then again, we were hoping that about Obama and healthcare.
- And finally, here's a lovely, non-booby remembrance from a JA woman who grew up in a Japanese tea-garden concession for tourists in a San Antonio park.